Student of the Market: October
October 2021 Highlights:
- September snaps 7-month “winning” streak for stocks
- 8th worst start of a year ever for bonds: For the worst starts, the next 3 months on average saw bond returns bounce back
- Value poised for a big bounce?
- Long-term Core bond returns poised to fall below 3% for the first time in 53 years
- Active vs. passive bond funds in 2021: When interest rates rise, flexible active bond funds tend to do well (and the opposite is true when they fall)
- Historic alternative fund flows
- Inflation breakdown
Incorporating models, as well as technology, into your practice can help make things more transparent and uncover key areas your clients want to discuss, like risk. Learn more at our page dedicated to markets, models, and tech below.
This report is available as a PDF. To read the full report click the button above to open the report.