Student of the Market: September
September 2021 Highlights:
- 17th best start to a year for stocks: After the 20 best starts in history, the following 4 months saw stock returns better than the average for all years
- September is historically the worst month for U.S. stocks.
- Best start to the year ever for both stock and bond fund flows
- Divergence continues between equity mutual fund and equity ETF flows
- Historic bond fund flows despite muted performance
- Historic housing price inflation not reflected in the CPI
- Systematic investing and starting early
Incorporating models, as well as technology, into your practice can help make things more transparent and uncover key areas your clients want to discuss, like risk. Learn more at our page dedicated to markets, models, and tech below.
This report is available as a PDF. To read the full report click the button above to open the report.