Student of the Market: July Edition
July 2021 highlights:
- Bond Market Returns: 4th worst start to a year for bonds. After historical worst starts, the next 7 months saw bond returns bounce back on average.
- Cash on the Sidelines: Money market assets still near historic peak
- Equity Fund Asset Levels: Equity fund assets are still within their historic range.
- Contrarian Investing Signals: Satisfaction level is often a contrarian indicator for the stock market
- Growth versus Value: 3rd best start to a year for value stocks. After historical best starts, the next 7 months saw value outperformance continue, but at a much slower pace.
- Inflation Basics: Inflation history: Inflation and consumer price index changes for each calendar year (1926-2021).
- Recent Inflation
Incorporating models, as well as technology, into your practice can help make things more transparent and uncover key areas your clients want to discuss, like risk. Learn more at our page dedicated to markets, models, and tech below.
This report is available as a PDF. To read the full report click the button above to open the report.