Home Market Bias Perceptions and Realities
With international markets on the rise, many domestic investors may be missing out on the opportunity for potentially greater return. This month, we explore the idea of home market bias and some of the ways in which it can impact an investor’s portfolio.
- Home market bias reflects the tendency of investors to concentrate their investments in their home markets.
- Naturally, but not always accurately, many investors believe they understand their home countries market better than foreign ones.
- Too much focus on investing in one’s home market can lead to imbalanced portfolios and missed opportunities abroad.
- The rise of globalization and multi-national companies have made investing outside of one’s home country extremely accessible.
Why should I register?
- You get full access to all content in the expansive library.
- You can follow topics that interest you and save content for later.