As the First Quarter Comes to a Close…
On this week’s podcast (recorded March 29, 2018), Andrew reviews the markets as the first quarter comes to a close.
- January was very much a continuation of the momentum driven market of 2017, with the S&P 500 up 5.73% for the month, but that all changed as we rolled into February.
- In addition to fears over trade wars and tariffs, a privacy scandal at Facebook as well as rhetoric around increasing regulation on mega cap tech companies has wreaked havoc on the FAANG stocks.
- Despite the more recent weakness in the tech sector, growth stocks are still ahead of value so far this year.
- We believe that active managers are positioned well to continue to take advantage of the higher volatility that is likely here to stay and should benefit as investors put a premium on quality and valuation.
Registerto read this article.
Why should I register?
- You get full access to all content in the expansive library.
- You can follow topics that interest you and save content for later.