The 60/40 Portfolio in a World of Rising Rates, Falling Bond Prices & Increasing Volatility
On this week’s podcast (recorded April 27, 2018), Tim takes a closer look at the 60/40 portfolio, including how the past few years were particularly conducive to such an approach to portfolio construction and why we have likely just entered a more challenging period for this model.
- Over the past few years, both bonds and stocks moved higher in value, really an ideal – and unusual – environment for a 60/40 approach.
- We think 2018 marks the beginning of a tougher road for the 60/40 portfolio.
- We also think 2018 marks the beginning of a more favorable environment for Brinker Capital’s approach to portfolio construction and asset allocation.
- We remain constructive on the outlook for both the economy and risk assets as we move through 2018.
Why should I register?
- You get full access to all content in the expansive library.
- You can follow topics that interest you and save content for later.